Senior Youth Ministry Projects Officer Role
In 2008 the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference agreed to employ a projects officer focused on youth ministry to assist with the development of the Australian Catholic Youth Council and the follow up from World Youth Day 2008.
The role of the Senior Youth Ministry Projects Officer is:
The Youth Ministry Senior Projects Officer undertakes projects approved by the Bishops Commission for Pastoral Life that promote and support:
- the solid faith formation of young people and their full participation in the life of the Church;
- the personal and professional development of youth ministers, and the operational effectiveness of youth ministry, in Australia;
- the networking across all sectors of the Church engaged in youth ministry, including dioceses and parishes, schools and universities, religious institutions, groups and movements; and
- the organisation of annual national and local events for young people and youth ministers.
- Work in close collaboration with the Australian Catholic Youth Council,
- undertaking research into the aspirations and needs of young people;
- preparing position papers on developments in youth ministry; and
- preparing briefs on significant issues in youth ministry in Australia.
- Provide advice for the Bishops Commission for Pastoral Life, and other commissions and agencies as required, through the Executive Secretary on youth and youth ministry issues in the Church and society.
- Coordinate and deliver projects approved by the Bishops Commission for Pastoral Life, such as:
- Sourcing, developing and distributing Catholic Youth Ministry Resources for the faith formation of young people, the personal and professional development of youth ministers and the operational effectiveness of youth ministry in Australia;
- Surveying youth ministry resources in Australia and establishing a data base of key youth ministry contacts and resources;
- Develop and maintain an Australian Catholic Youth Ministry Network, including:
- Facilitating development of a Catholic Youth Ministry Website and Journal publication; and
- Providing a central point of contact for practical support for youth ministers on operational aspects of youth ministry.
- Facilitating the organisation of national Catholic youth events, including:
- A national youth event between World Youth Days, and
- Developing a process for consultation at the national level with Bishops, youth minsters and young people.